China has made great strides in the imparting of Preschool education. There is a big emphasis on preschool learning as China is aware that the readiness to learn more efficiently in primary or elementary school comes from having a sound base in preschool. Most kindergartens in China combine childcare with preschool.
Preschool Programs In China Are Unique Because
- Chinese preschools follow a structured, systematic and purposeful process that is conducive to holistic all round development of the child. Emphasis is placed on not only the three R’s but also on the total physical, aesthetic and mental development of the child.
- The Chinese government has taken up preschool education on a war footing and has undertaken a massive program for the training of kindergarten teachers. They are the foundation on which subsequent schooling can be created.
- There are government run schools and also private international schools which only foreign passport holders can attend. This creates an atmosphere of easy discipline and learning through play. The Chinese are very partial to instilling the disciplined way of life in their children from very tender ages. The preschool culture also aims at the same.
- The preschool aims at creating an environment of learning through structured play. The child is prepared through play to be ready for the rigors of formal education. Emphasis is laid on global awareness and new languages are introduced to the child. There is an atmosphere of promoting creativity and expressiveness.
- All preschoolers eat together in China. The impressive array of nutritional foods that is available builds a palette that is truly international and the nutritional needs of the child are met. The Chinese education system lays a lot of importance in building not only the mind but also the body. Sports and extracurricular activities are very important part of the curriculum. The child is happy and primary school ready by the time preschool ends.